- Community Stats
Level 4 Gamer
Ranked as Civilian
Contact Info / Websites
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 16,476 (From 1,970 different games.)
Summer Games Done Quick:
Where: Denver, Colorado, USA
Dates: 22. June - 28. June (may vary around 1 day depending on your time zone.)
SGDQ is still a charity marathon and it will only show speedruns like in the last few years. romscout is organising the whole event. There are not that much information so far. We just have to wait a bit longer. The possible game list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aj2eKeMxVzzzdF84YW1UTzVKekt6VGRpQUFBQnpULWc&gid=4
You can already see the comments of the runners and the reviews why games getting cut.
My own opinion:
I think with the big brother/sister of AGDQ, SGDQ can get a little boring over the years. I really fought with myself at the end of AGDQ and stopped watching most of the last day. It is getting a bit to much for me, seeing only the same speedruns all the time. The good thing is, romscout tries to avoid it. He is cutting the games which where far to often in a marathon. I hope that he can find a good relation between new and "old" marathon titles. The current list looks promising.
European Speedster Assembly:
Where: Skövde, Sweden (ö = oe and is kinda pronounced like the american (not british) o in the word "word")
Dates: 27. July - 3. August (may vary around 1 day depending on your time zone.)
ESA is hosted by Ludendi, a non-profit organisation. The most important difference is the less strict selection of attendees and speedruns. They want to give everyone a chance to participate in a collaborative marathon. They still collect money for a charity, but their real focus is on gathering and having fun together with their hobby: video games. They want to change a lot in this years marathon, like 2 parallel balanced streams - that people have a better choice and more variety in what they can watch - some offline tournaments with the finals on the stream and a general greater variation in games and genres than SGDQ and AGDQ.
My own opinion:
When they can really change the marathon like they said and when they can stop with calling world records here and there - which was pretty annoying during AGDQ - they can really challenge SGDQ as an own and unique marathon. It sounds far more interesting and I am looking forward to that stream, because I already know that they have a lot of knowledge on how to create tournaments.
Welcome to my newspage. I am a former german clan leader of Red Faction, progress raider and guild master of World of Warcraft. At the moment I am searching new challenges in gaming. I aim at hunting achievements in various games on Steam or websites.
From now on I will block every user sending me a random friend request. I am not going to deny every shit 10 times, until your intelligence is high enough to stop sending one. I will also block everyone spamming my comments section. There is no more connivance in just one or two cases and I will make no exceptions. Furthermore consult the http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1035978/1 thread for medal questions. I will answer every request there when I can. Everyone - except the people on my friends list - sending me a pm about a medal will be blocked without further ado.
- Get every remaining, working and possible medal on newgrounds, armor games and kongregate.
- A 3 hour stream of medal hunting Monday - Thursday
- Create a game with the RPG Maker XP.
- Do a speedrun of ittle Dew
Everything I say is my own opinion and conviction and doesn't rely on real facts.
Newgrounds Medals: Monday - Thursday 22:00 / 10 pm UTC+1
ittleDew speedrun: Friday 17:00 / 5 pm UTC+1
Finished my own game and Kairo this weekend. No idea about the next one :D
Time to try my new edit scheme which summarizes the day:
- I am a big fan of RPG Maker games and since I play here on Newgrounds and other various websites I just have no time to play the new stuff. I will now stream every weekend one whole RPG Maker game. I cannot play in fullscreen because of my monitor, so I always have to play with a little window and that is why I can stream at the same time. There is no difference.
- The next big weekend project is " I wanna be the guy ". I have never finished the last boss and I think it is time for it. I will only stream this game when I can finish the other game in one day.
- For everyone who were really looking forward to Dillo Hills.... it will always be a joke like Bubble Sky.
- I just searched for broken games and medals in my Backloggery and when I subtract this number from the unfinished games list I have 450 games left. Yes, there is still a lot already discussed crap left (like the Button Game 2, Broken Wind, Super Ninja Skydiving zombie challenge) or games where no one knows how to get it (like DaVinci's Skycycle Chase). Even while I really want to finish the remaining games, I can find a single game every day, which just takes hours and hours until you get lucky and the 5 point medal (like Cathode Raybots). It has absolutely nothing to do with skill. I really don't like the way where this is going, but I will just do the easy stuff and ignore the luck crap from now on.
- I will start Speedrunning this week with ittle Dew at Friday and you will see the ice and portal route. Stream starts at 17:00 UTC +1.
- I will start to create a new game with the RPG Maker XP this weekend after finishing my stream. I am not streaming everything, only the progress I made so far. I hope that is kinda a motivation and strain to somehow get it to start rolling.
- It makes no sense to stream today. Newgrounds laggs like hell. It takes me more than a minute sometimes to connect to another part of the site. Stream will follow tonight when there is less traffic on newgrounds or when they have fixed the servers. No idea what the problem is.